The very reliable KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has published (via 9to5mac)his expectations of the products in Apple’s pipeline in 2014.
According to the report, here are Kuo’s predictions:
12-inch MacBook with new design + Retina Display:
- Smaller MacBook with entirely new design
- Launching in either Q2 or Q3 of 2014
- 12-inch screen, but as portable as current 11-inch MacBook Air and productive as 13-inch MacBook Air
- Higher-resolution display (Retina)
- Will “redefine laptop computing” once again just like the current MacBook Air design
- Thinner/lighter than MacBook Air, new clamshell structure
- Will run on Intel chip, not Apple-based A8 processor
- Potentially lower-cost than current Apple notebooks
- Apple could ship a cheaper iMac next-year
- Current iMac did not ship as many units as expected
- Lower-cost model could help combat Windows desktops
- Kuo expects this iMac model to boost iMac sales by 10-20%
- Ship in Q2 or Q3 2014
Sixth-generation full-sized iPad:
- Would carry same 9.7-inch screen size as current iPad and upcoming iPad 5
- Display would be higher-resolution with a PPI (pixels-per-inch) of 30-40% higher than the current Retina iPad
- Third-generation iPad mini would retain the 2048×1536 Retina display of the upcoming iPad mini 2
Interestingly, Kuo is not expecting an iPad with a larger display as suggested by DisplaySearch recently.
Here’s DisplaySearch predictions in case you missed it:
||4.7” 1280×720; 5.7” 1920×1080
||9.7” 2048×1536; portrait mode, slim bezel
||iPad mini 2
||7.9” 2048×1536; portrait mode
||MacBook Air (new)
||12” 2304×1440; low power
||55”, 65” 4Kx2K 120Hz LCD
||1.3”/1.63” 320×320 flexible AMOLED
Storm is a technology enthusiast, who resides in the UK. He enjoys reading and writing about technology.
April 23, 2023
Apple has always been known for its innovative products, from...
February 12, 2023
Apple Inc., the leading tech giant in the smartphone market,...