The very reliable, KGI’s Ming-chi Kuo (via 9to5mac) has published his predictions for Apple’s upcoming October 22nd event to be held at the Yerba Beuna center for the Arts. According to Kuo, Apple fans can expect new iPads and updated MacBook Pros.
Here’s a list of key things Kuo expects from Apple on October 22:
- A slimmer iPad 5 with 20% lighter weight down to 7.5mm and 500g respectively. The iPad 5 will feature an iPad mini like design.
- 8 megapixel camera with a larger aperture on the order of the iPhone 5 and a new 64-bit A7X processor.
- iPad Mini with a 2048×1536 pixel Retina display covering its 7.9 inches and get upgraded to the same A7 chip as the iPhone 5s.
- No gold plated products are expected this time. There will be a new Space Gray color.
- The MacBook Pro line to get updated with Haswell processors and an updated HD camera. It will also have PCIe SSDs and 802.11ac networking features.
- Mac Pro or a 4K support and Thunderbolt 2.0
Interestingly, Kuo wasn’t sure whether Touch ID will make its way to the iPads. However, various leaks suggest that it might company to the iPad 5 but not the iPad mini 2.
April 23, 2023
Apple has always been known for its innovative products, from...
February 12, 2023
Apple Inc., the leading tech giant in the smartphone market,...