Macfixit – an Australian online repair company, has published high resolution of the digitizer of Apple next-generation 9.7-inch iPad or iPad 5.
“So it looks like we’ve got a preview of the replacement screen for the iPad 5 which is not even out yet!” reads the tagline. And based on the images, they have a right to be excited.
The leaked photo of the iPad 5 Digitizer confirms past reports that with will use the same design as the iPad mini with slimmer bezels on the side, lighter and slightly smaller than the iPad 4.
According to the product info:
– The display area is the same as the iPad Retina.
– The edges of the frame are narrower using the same style as the iPad mini.
– The ITO (Indium tin oxide) is the same as the iPad mini.
– There is now 2 connectors instead of 1.
– The connectors have been changed from FFC (Flat Flexible Cable, like the iPad 2/3/4) to FPC (Flexible Printed Circuits, like the iPhone 4/5).