Here’s The Latest “ Blockbuster Exclusive” Leak On The iPad Air 2
Writing for The Michael Report, Michael Andrews has published a self-proclaimed “blockbuster exclusive” on Apple’s next generation iPad Air 2:
Here are some of the key highlights from the report:
- Display – The display will reportedly come with a fully-laminated by manufacturing the cover glass and Retina LCD as a single unit making the device thinner than the current iPad Air. The display quality is also expected to improve.
- Design – the iPad Air 2 is around 0.5 mm thinner than the current iPad Air. The speakers on the new iPad Airs will have a single row grill instead of the current two. The mute/vibration switch is removed, according to the report to provide a thinner profile.
- The volume controls in the new iPad Airs are also slightly more recessed than the one on the current iPad Airs.
- Apple will debut a gold colored version of the iPad Air 2, in addition to the current options of Black and Silver.
- Internals – The iPad Air 2 will come with an upgraded A8 chip manufactured by TMSC and a 1GB bump in RAM, to 2GB.
- Touch ID and Apple Pay – These are expected to make an appearance on the iPad Air 2.
The above are not what I would call “blockbuster exclusive,” but you have to get those page views up somehow I guess.
Apple is widely expected to unveil the next generation iPads at a special event on October 16.
Posted at October 6, 2014 20:23 |
Storm is a technology enthusiast, who resides in the UK. He enjoys reading and writing about technology.
April 23, 2023
Apple has always been known for its innovative products, from...
February 12, 2023
Apple Inc., the leading tech giant in the smartphone market,...