Good Technology: Apple Dominated Device Activation in Enterprise [Q4 2012] – customers showed a clear preference for iOS devices, which accounted for 77 percent of all activations.
Apple Dominated Device Activation in Enterprise
In a press release today, Good Technology -the leader in secure enterprise mobility, released its Q4 2012 Device Activation Report. The report looked at the number and type of smartphone and tablet devices activated amongst Good’s enterprise customers, which include half of the Fortune 100™.
The study included more than 4,000 participants from various companies such as financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, energy & utilities, legal, government, and high tech. “The metrics cited in this report are generated directly from Good’s internal data, as aggregated from all devices activated across Good’s worldwide customer base,” according to the report.
The report highlighted that in Q4 2012, “customers showed a clear preference for iOS devices, which accounted for 77 percent of all activations and captured eight of the top ten spots on the most popular device list this quarter. While Android activations dropped 6.3 percent as compared to Q4 2011, they still accounted for 22.7 percent of all activations for the quarter, which were primarily driven by Android tablets.
“Windows Phone devices came in a distant third for the quarter, capturing just 0.5 percent of overall activations,” according to the report
Other key highlights from the report include:
- iOS platform activations rose 8.5 percent year-over-year, growing from 71 percent in Q4 of 2011 to 77 percent in Q4 2012.
- The iPhone 5 was the most popular device in Q4 of 2012, representing 32 percent of all activations for the quarter.
- Although the iPad continues to lead tablet activations with 93.2 percent, Android tablets are gaining momentum. Android jumped from 2.7 percent to 6.8 percent of all tablet activations over the course of 2012.
- When looking at types of devices activated, Android smartphones slightly outpaced iPads in October and finished the quarter only a fraction behind at 21 percent of all activations in Q4 2012.
- The most popular Android tablets amongst Good’s enterprise customers included the Samsung Galaxy Tab, followed by the Motorola Droid Xyboard, Samsung Galaxy Note, Asus Transformer, Kindle Fire and Motorola Xoom.
- The Samsung Galaxy SIII was the most popular Android device, capturing six percent of total device activations for the quarter.
- The financial services industry led enterprise device activations during the quarter, followed by business and professional services. Together, these two industries made up more than half of the activations reported in Q4.
- Wholesale & retail, manufacturing and energy & utilities all moved up in the rankings for overall activations by sector, as well as iPad activations over last year.
“CIOs today are able to realize increased productivity by supporting a diverse set of mobile products, while retaining security and control, and still provide their employee consumers with product choice,” said Christy Wyatt , CEO and President, Good Technology. “We continue to see more enterprise customers extending the accessibility of mobile applications to a broader employee population within their organizations.”
Good Q4 Device Activations by
Posted at February 25, 2013 10:41 |
, Good Technology
, iOS devices
April 23, 2023
Apple has always been known for its innovative products, from...
February 12, 2023
Apple Inc., the leading tech giant in the smartphone market,...