According to a new report from Wei Feng, Chinese tech news agent, Apple’s key suppliers are already shipping components for the low cost iPhone.
Key highlights from the report (via Google Translate):
- TSMMC is starts shipping 28nm processors.
- Largan Precision has begun supplying 8 million pixel camera.
- Foxconn is responsible for providing most of the battery module and internal frame.
- Taiflex Scientific is responsible for the supply of equipment for flexible circuits.
- Other suppliers include Kinsus, SPIL, Texas Instruments, Renesas Electronics and Chipbond.
The low-cost iPhone is expected this Fall. However, the above report suggests that the cheap iPhone will be launching in August 2013. I guess this says a lot about the authenticity of this report.
Storm is a technology enthusiast, who resides in the UK. He enjoys reading and writing about technology.
April 23, 2023
Apple has always been known for its innovative products, from...
February 12, 2023
Apple Inc., the leading tech giant in the smartphone market,...