VentureBeat is reporting that a source familiar with Apple’s plans, says that the 4.7-inch iPhone will ship mid-September, while the 5.5-inch model will launch in October. This information follows an earlier report from Re/code that Apple is set to unveil both iPhone models at a special event on September 9.
Other key highlights from the report include:
- The new screens will be made of ultra-durable sapphire glass… screens are made of an extremely hard material that’s slightly harder than Gorilla Glass but not as hard as sapphire.
- The new iPhones will contain the new A8 chip. The A8 will run at a frequency of 2.0 GHz per core and will create noticeably faster response time and graphics rendering in the new phones.
- The new phones will support Wi-Fi, 802.11ac.
- Near field communication (NFC) chip is set to feature in the new iPhones to facilitate mobile payments. The report added that the chip will be made by NXP. The NXP chip’s element and radio reserve enough memory to encrypt, decrypt, and sign data packets coming from financial applications on the phone, according to the report.
- Touch ID will have minor enhancements to enable faster read times, reduce false rejections and improve security for mobile payments and biometrics.
- And finally, the new iPhones are expected to sport a new technology that would form a special “handshake” between iPhones and Beats headphones.
Posted at August 6, 2014 21:43 |
April 23, 2023
Apple has always been known for its innovative products, from...
February 12, 2023
Apple Inc., the leading tech giant in the smartphone market,...