According to the latest report from the Japanese tech blog –Mac Otakara (via MacRumors), Apple will be releasing their next generation iPhone in 4.7-inch and 5.7-inch models. The report also revealed that the design of the new iPhones will be similar to that of the iPhone 5c and iPod Nano.
Key highlights from the report include:
- The new iPhones may keep the basic design of the iPhone 5c such as the rounded back edges, button designs, and speaker/microphone hole designs.
- The 4.7-inch iPhone will measure at 14×7 cm, while the 5.7-inch model will be larger with dimensions of 16×8 cm.
- Both models will reportedly be will be 7 mm thick with a protruding rear camera as seen on the current iPod touch models.
- The 4.7-inch version of the iPhone is the orthodox iPhone 6. However, the 5.7-inch iPhone be regarded as an upgraded version of the iPhone 5C.
- Both models are expected to feature aluminium body shell.
Interestingly, Reuters also received similar information from their sources last year:
“Apple is looking at introducing at least two bigger iPhones next year – one with a 4.7-inch screen and one with a 5.7-inch screen – said the sources, including those in the supply chain in Asia. They said suppliers have been approached with plans for the larger screens, but noted it is still unclear whether Apple will actually launch its flagship product in the larger sizes.”
Posted at March 11, 2014 22:19 |
April 23, 2023
Apple has always been known for its innovative products, from...
February 12, 2023
Apple Inc., the leading tech giant in the smartphone market,...