Sony has introduced their latest and greatest smartphone offering at CES 2013. The Japanese electronic giant mobile division- Sony Mobile Communications (“Sony Mobile”) unveils new flagship Android smartphone, Xperia Z.
“With Xperia Z, we are bringing over half a century of innovation in TV, imaging, music, film and gaming to create a superphone experience that truly stands out,” said Kuni Suzuki, President and CEO, at Sony Mobile Communications. “With great specifications, Sony’s media applications, One-touch functions and outstanding battery life, Xperia Z is well positioned for leadership in the smartphone market. By putting smartphones at the heart of our strategy, Sony is enabling people to create, enjoy and share content and experiences like never before.”
The main features of the Xperia Z include:
- 5” 1080 x 1920p full HD Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine 2
- 13MP Fast Capture camera with Exmor RS for mobile, the world’s first image sensor with HDR video for smartphones
- Dust and water resistant (IP55 & IP57) with a durable glass display
- 1.5 GHz asynchronous quad-core Snapdragon S4 processor with 2GB RAM
- Battery STAMINA mode improves your standby time by at least 4 times
- One-touch functions enable consumers to easily share music, photos and videos from their smartphone to an array of NFC-enabled Sony devices
- LTE, 4G for superfast entertainment
- A unique OmniBalance design with subtly rounded edges and smooth reflective surfaces on all sides
According to the press release, the Xperia Z will launch globally in Q1 2013.